Weekly Smash Tournament in White Plains, NY
Undiscovered Realm Comics
66 Fulton St, 2nd Floor
White Plains, NY 10606
Set up starts at 6pm
Tournament should start around 7pm.
- Venue Fee: $5 for casual play (non-Tournament play)
- Venue Fee for Tournament play: $7
- Tournament entry: $5
(Venue fee covers you for entire night)
There are some places to eat around the area, as well as some food in venue, and outside food is welcome in the venue. You cannot bring food into the tournament area or around electronics (A drink is ok, but be careful where you place it so it doesn't spill into equipment). We will setup a space for you to eat. We dont want to see any accidents where equipment is damaged or broken.
Please clean up after yourselves. Don't leave any garbage behind. We don't want the guys at the venue working extra just to clean up after us.
Evo rules mostly, but with some modifications.
-Double Elimination Bracket (Lose twice and you're out)
-Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Damage Ratio 100%, 2/3 Games
-Winners, Losers and Grand Finals are Best of 5 (3/5)
-Cash prizes for First, Second, Third Place (60/30/10% split) [This can change if there are more entrants]
-Mii Fighters On (1-1-1-1 Default Miis)
-Amiibo are banned.
-Players must bring their own controllers
-Pausing during a match will result in a forfeit, unless mutually agreed upon
-Sudden Death with a tied percentage/stock count will NOT determine the outcome of a tied game. A playoff match with 1 stock/2 minutes will determine the winner.
-If match ends in the form of a suicide kill (Kirby/Dedede Swallowcide, Ganoncide, Bowsercide) The person who initiated the killing move is the winner.
- “Double Blind” rule can be used, but only for the first game. When someone calls double blind, one of the players must find the TO (or a third party person) and each player must write on a piece of paper which character they want to pick. That person (TO or someone else) will then announce the characters that they chose and both players must choose said characters.
-After game one, following stage banning (see rules for bans below) the winner can choose a different character if they want to first, then the loser can choose a different character if they like.
-Starter Stages: Battlefield (and Miiverse), Final Destination (and Omega), Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
-Counterpick Stages: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt
-First stage is decided by (Rock Paper Scissors) best of 1. Winner strikes, then loser strikes twice, then winner. (1-2-2-1)
- The winner of the game gets to ban one stage to start, while the loser bans two (the order will be 1-2-2-1)
-Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
-You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to
- There are no bans in Winner, Losers and Grand finals since it is best of 5.
Any questions or concerns should be brought directly to the attention of tournament staff.